Monday, October 15, 2012

The Folk Festival

This past weekend Richmond had it's yearly Folk Festival. The Folk Festival has all different styes of music and food. There are also crafts, and other fun activities for kids.

I went to listen to Rosanne Cash, who is the daughter of the country music legend Johnny Cash. It was so awesome hearing her sing not only her own songs, but also some classic country songs. She was really good!

Although I went to hear Rosanne, a band named 'Michael White and the Original Liberty Jazz Band' was my favorite performance. I absolutely love jazz music (Nat 'King' Cole, Michael Buble, Frank Sinatra, etc..) and I throughly enjoyed listening to them.

1 comment:

  1. It kinda makes me sad to know I missed the Folk Festival this year, I went the last year and it was a lot of fun. This is the first I heard of what awesome events i missed though. Sounds like it was quite enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete