Thursday, September 13, 2012

The Great Wolf Lodge






On Tuesday my family and I headed out to Williamsburg for some fun at the Great Wolf Lodge. Great Wolf Lodge is one of the largest indoor water parks in the U.S. It's a very popular getaway for Richmond families. For a few weeks every year, Great Wolf offers discounted rooms for homeschool families.

When we arrived, the older kids were beaming with excitement. but the younger two hardly even remembered the lodge from the last time we were there.



After a few minutes of warming up to a huge room with kids and water all over the place, they quite enjoyed themselves.

What I really like about Great Wolf is that there is something for everyone in the family to do. My parents and us older kids enjoy the bigger rides like the Howlin' Tornado




While the younger kids can enjoy the Totem Towers water slides.


What about the baby, you might ask? He just loved being held the whole time, and enjoyed the attention he got from people passing by.

We had so much fun spending time together as a family and are looking forward to the next time we can visit the lodge.




2 comments:

  1. I have driven by The Great Wolf Lodge many times on my way to Virginia Beach or other places down south of Richmond, but have never actually gone to it. Would you suggest it for college-age folks? Or is it more of a family environment?

    Is your family a homeschooling family? When I heard that you had five
    siblings I wondered if you had been homeschooled, but just hadn't gotten the chance to ask you. I don't know if you remember but I am the third oldest of eight, and my family did and still does homeschool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's more of a family environment. It's really geared toward ages 2-14. They do have some things for older teens and adults though. They have several water-slides, a medium sized pool, a hot tub, a wave pool, and a surf simulator.

    Yes, my family is a homeschooling family. Yeah, I was actually wondering the same thing when you said that you were the third oldest of eight. What are the ages in your family?

    ReplyDelete