Thursday, September 20, 2012

Piano Season Begins

I've been playing piano for about 3 years now and it's one of my favorite hobbies. Piano season is a very busy time for me. I practice 5 days of the week for at least 45 minutes each day. My brother, sister and I are taught by the sweetest lady. We adore her. She is always encouraging us and is such a great teacher. I have learned so much from her. 

My songs this year are all very challenging and I'm enjoying them immensly. I am learning one song from each period of music. The four main periods of music are:

Baroque (1600 - 1750)
Classical (1750- 1830)
Romantic (1830- 1940s)
Modern (1940s - Present)


The two pieces that I learn the best out of all four will end up being my end of the year recital pieces. 


My baroque piece is by Bach and is called "Prelude 1"

                                          

My classical piece is titled "Sonata K.545 - 1st Mov." by Mozart. 





My romantic piece is called "Of Foreign Lands and People" and is written by Schumann.





My modern piece is titled "Dawn" and is from the 2005 film version of Pride and Prejudice.






1 comment:

  1. Kara,
    I absolutely love your choices, they are just beautiful. It must be wonderful to be able to play the piano, I have always wanted to learn. I think I'm to darn old to learn now, but I would love for one of my daughters to play. You need to post you playing one of those peices.
    Trish

    ReplyDelete